It’s my buddy’s birthday today and I’m so happy to send her my best wishes! But for what?
· “Way to go, you’re looking great for your age”?
· “Cheer up! Your Senior’s Discount is only a few years away!”?
· “Make sure the smoke alarm is disconnected before they light the candles on your cake. AhAh!”
· “I didn’t see your name in the obits today, so I went ahead and bought you a card!??
No offense meant, Girlfriend, if you read this; however I want you to know what I really mean by singing “Bonne Fête” to you today:
· I love you every day and celebrating it out loud today!
· I appreciate the fact that I know you and recognize it today!
· There is no one else like you and I verbally acknowledge it today!
· I am so glad you are a part of my life and want you to know it today!
Life is such a gift; I love to honor my friends with a thought for their day. We are all special in our own way, just knitted differently, to pique everyone’s interest. There is so much negative stuff out there in the world, which I love to ignore for a few minutes every day I am given and throw a mental party to recognize the wonderful moments life can also bring us, if we choose to acknowledge them!
Signing off on another snow day, that much closer to my own b-day!
Better be a Little "S" than a Little Less! J