Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Fishy Crackers

Don’t you just love those tiny cheddary crackers?   Small enough to fit a few of them nicely in your mouth and still look polite.  They taste “insane” in cream of tomato soup and… I have discovered lately, they are also out of this world when dipped in soft cream cheese!

What you need is a handful of crackers on a plate; then, you grab a large tablespoon-full of soft cream cheese and drop it on that same plate.  Then, of course, after putting the rest of the cream cheese away back in the fridge, you grab one little fishy cracker by the tail, smile back at him, dip his nose in the cream cheese et voila!  Absolutely delish!  Continue doing the same until you run out of fishy crackers or of cream cheese.  You will then notice that you never run out of both at the same time – this is where the fun starts:  you grab more cream cheese and continue to eat the crackers and pretty soon, you’ll be out of crackers but lots of cheese left, and so on and so on and so on.  You could be eating fishy crackers and cream cheese until the cows come home and never get even!   Yummy!

It reminds me of one of my favorite desserts when I was a kid still living at home.  A bowl of REAL maple syrup in front of me, a fresh slice of bread in my hand and then you dip the bread in the maple syrup and savour those two rich tastes together… bliss.    And pretty soon, just like my previous example, A, you run out of bread before you’re done with your maple syrup or B, out of maple syrup but still some bread in your hand and there you go, replenishing one and then the  other, until 30 minutes later Mom says...“That’s enough guys… time to do the dishes”.  Wah.

Of course I want my cake and eat it too, isn’t that what cake is for?  What kind of an expression is that?  Just like someone asking me if I wanted ice cream or whipped cream on my apple cobbler when I was 8 months pregnant.  I said YES! 

I take the bull by the horns and run like mad with a smile on my face!    Salut tout le monde!

Signing off:

Better be a Little “S” than a Little Less  J

1 comment:

  1. La bouffe c'est tellement un plaisir de la vie!!!

    Yé!!!

    ReplyDelete