Total Pageviews

Friday 29 March 2013

… Thar she blows? NO! Down she goes!

Well it was Thursday 5PM, beautiful sunny afternoon; I'd just come home from work and decided to leash up Nicky and Bella to take them for a nice stroll around the park and celebrate the start of a promising  long weekend.   
One of the problems with this nice weather is that we are approximately 600,000 people who had the same idea! 

 I guess everyone is starved for sunshine, not just me!  Well, I am tickled red to say that I've been working hard on training my dogs so that they understand that me, myself, Sylvie is THE alpha of this gang.  However, Bella is still very skittish when there are lots of people. So, I'm strolling along and just smiling back at everyone who is smirking at me because – without a lie, we make a beautiful picture the 3 of us  . 

So, as Nick and i turn RIGHT at the corner, Bella decides that she does not like the sound of this group stopped on the side of the path and she swerves LEFT!  Well, unfortunately,  she's only 2 steps in front of me,  and because she gives me no warning whatsoever and i have no time to prepare for this abrupt change in direction, there i go, ass over tea kettle, flat on the ground in front of 599,999 people!  Embarrassed? Yes.  Furious?  Oh yes.  Then Bella comes and licks my face to say: "I'm sorry Mom."  Awwww.


So i get back up, reassuring the crowd around me that I’m OK, wipe my shirt and pants, and manage to limp home without further incidents. At home, I check out  the road rash on my right elbow, hip and knee and cover the whole thing with Polysporin and band-aids .   Thankfully  I never let go of the leash when i lost control so i haven’t lost the dogs, just a good chunk of skin and pride. 


The moral of this story?  Two options, as I see them:
1.     If you're walking crazy dogs, only go to the park at 5 A M or when it's pouring ;  you are less likely to draw a crowd if no one else is there!
2.     If you want to be bedazzled by "old dogs, new tricks" go to the park on sunny days.  What's one woman's worse moment might just be the most entertaining thing you've seen all week!


As for me: the last time i had so much fun, i was 15 and tried to stand on a skateboard!!   But that’s a story for another time.   So long….

Better Be a “Little S” than a Little Less





3 comments:

  1. LOL!!!

    Au moins ça fait un bon texte!!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'est comme ses muscles sont en ciment, cette Bella. C'est toujours une aventure l'amener prendre une marche!
      xxxxx S

      Delete
  2. I live in Silvοldе, Nethеrlands
    and my ωorκ actually deals with this fiеld.
    Αctuаlly doing what yоu desire and writing about it in suсh a гemarκable ωay is a great gift.
    Үour enlіghtening агticle ρossesses the ideal combo of pasѕion
    and wеll-ωrittеn, іnterestіng information that I’ve come to appreciate and resρect.


    Here is my web pagе ... leptorrhine

    ReplyDelete