Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 July 2013

Needy....


Lately, i have had the opportunity to volunteer at a couple of events where i GIVE out stuff.  Slices of cake at one, pens and pins at another one.  

What i find very sad is that there are so many people out there who are needy.  If it's free, they want it, they need it, can they have 2? Their eyes are glowing, their fingers are in a grabbing mode.  They feel entitled, worthy and deserving of anything they can get!  GIMME, GIMME!

I remember feeling like that, years ago, before I had Christ in my life.  I was so cranky all the time, never happy with what i had or was, trying to fill the gap with things.  I was so wrong!

Now that i have realized  that Christ was the missing puzzle piece, it is so wonderful to know that the free piece of cake, or pen, or T-Shirt  are nice, but definitely not necessary to my survival.  

Somehow, i am not so starving  for give-aways because  i have ALL i need from God Himself!  And, since He has promised to take care of me, i know that manna will come down from heaven from Him if i become THAT hungry. 

I deserve nothing and am so thankful for God's Grace.    i keep rejecting Him, then i apologize, and He always takes me back!   Now, that's not religion, that is unconditional love!  

THAT's what i want!  THAT's what i need!

a million thank yous!

Just sayin' ...  

Better Be a Little "S" than a Little  Less :)


2 comments:

  1. This is so well written Sylvie...we are SOOO blessed by God's love, grace and daily blessings..and ofcourse first and foremost the salvation that He extends to us in Jesus.

    Love the little "i's" too...mmm...thinking about that as a concept of English grammar..perhaps that is a good "i"dea...the upper case "I".... as opposed to the lower case letters for all the other personal pronouns...you/he/she etc...

    Makes me think of John the Baptist words that "He (Jesus) will increase as I (i?) decrease" ..or something like that...

    Humility.
    The first will be last.
    Whoever wants to be great in God's Kingdom, needs to be the servant to all.

    I think the "Little S" has struck a chord for me with the concept of the "Little I"!

    Always love your writing Sylvie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane: you are right on! Why would i get a capital letter when you do not! I don't care about grammar, i'm just a little "i" - same as i'm just a little "s".
    Thank you so much for your comment :). Love you, Sister.

    ReplyDelete